Spring Cleaning Your Teeth
Get yourself to the dentist this Spring! A professional dental cleaning should be scheduled at least twice a year. This can improve your oral health tremendously!
Having a professional dental cleaning can help reinforce the at-home oral health regimen you have in place. Having a cleaning is designed to preserve the teeth, help to prevent the spread of disease in the mouth, and also give the dentist an opportunity to locate any area in the mouth that may need special attention.
If a person has healthy teeth and gums, they typically will not experience any soreness after a cleaning. If your oral hygiene habits are less-than-perfect, you may experience some discomfort or even heightened sensitivity during a dental cleaning. Your dentist can use a topical anesthetic if needed, before the cleaning begins.
What happens at a dental cleaning?
- Review and update any medical history. This includes heart problems, cancer treatments, pregnancy, diabetes, medications, surgeries, or any other major health changes.
- Blood pressure check
- Oral cancer screening/examination
- Evaluating the gums for disease
- Check bite, chewing and swallowing patterns
- X-rays, examination of the teeth for decay
- Treatment Plan
- If specific treatment is needed, you may be referred to a specialist
Preventive Services may include:
- Remove plaque and tartar
- Removing stains on the teeth
- Applying fluoride to the teeth
- Dental Sealants
- Polish the teeth, fillings, or crowns
Educational Services may include: 08221 Linwood Family Dentist NJ
- Flossing/brushing instructions
- Nutritional information
- Future treatment planning: when to return, periodontal concerns, restorative options
- Cosmetic enhancements
- Evaluating your self-care and if it is effective
- Tobacco counseling 08221 Linwood Family Dentist NJ
Everyone here at Dr. Peter Wiesel's Dental office is SUPER excited to help you with all your dental needs. We pride ourselves on providing you with outstanding service and invite you to to come see why we are the Best of 2015 in Dental Care for New Jersey! Give us a call to schedule your appointment now! Contact us at 609-927-5300.